Recent Tweets

February 10, 2010

Snowpocalypse 2.0


So apparently all this snow isn't over yet. When I went to sleep last night, it had already started snowing again. The lovely path that I had helped dig to the front door was starting to fill in already. Which of course would mean that I would go to sleep only to have to wake up and dig us out again...

When I woke up, the back yard still looked like a winter wonderland. Which I guess is pretty cool. Especially since we don't have to dig out the back yard...


I'm the scientific type so of course I had to measure how much snow we got. And tell mom that she measured in the wrong spot. You see, you have to measure in the spot you already cleared so you know how much fell to the ground. You can't measure where there was already snow. So the now non-existent path to the front door was measured to find that we had 6 inches or so just over night. And that was before it started snowing harder around noon.


Then came clearing out my car. again. This time I got to use the snowblower. There would be a picture of that since I obviously took the camera outside, but apparently mom isn't as into taking random pictures of things that don't really need to be captured on film as I am. Too bad. Snow blowers are fun. Even made a few friends jealous cause I got to use one and they didn't. Maybe one day I'll live somewhere with snow and get one of my own to play with. Of course, my friends would turn it into a 'snow blower/go cart/lawnmower of doom' type object. Mechanical engineers are really fond of souping up machines that already do their jobs just fine.


So to make a long story short. In a matter of hours, my back yard turned from nice, bright, winter scene, to white out blizzard conditions. Oh how I love winter storms. The National Weather Service says that this is the biggest set of winter storms to hit this area ever since they started measuring. So apparently, if you add all the snow so far this winter, we have a heck of a lot of snow and could completely bury a small dog, small child, a stack of all of the books i needed for college, the mailbox, my car, your choice really.




*** On an unrelated note. Thanks to whoever got #vanessasmith started as a trending topic on twitter. Howard University reunion. I did get tired of dumb people who follow everything asking what HU was though. My question - if you don't know, why are you following? Clearly HU rules the web. HU is the best. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment