Recent Tweets

February 08, 2010

Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse 2010

This was one of the most interesting weekends since I've been home. I am loving this month so far. Last weekend it snowed and I had a great day shopping and at the movies with a friend to escape it all. This weekend, escape was not an option. With what was being dubbed Snowmageddon or Snowpocalypse was on the way and bringing some record snow. So I did what any sane person would do. I stayed in my room and watched the snow fall from my bed. Then I moved downstairs and watched the snow fall from the couch. It was great. I think that sometimes snow is best appreciated from inside with a scented candle and a hot cup of tea.

Since it hadn't started snowing yet, I used Friday to make sure I had a good stock of apple sauce, apple juice, milk, eggs, and cereal. Then I worked on my February goals and watched it start snowing. It was actually kind of fun to be away from my friends this time. Between twitter and text messages I got to know exactly what kind of a storm to expect since I'm currently two hours north of everybody else.

Saturday the texting and twittering continued as my friends let me know about DC shutting things down and Friday night panicking in grocery stores. I read part of my February book, watched it snow. all. day.

I mean, I took a five hour nap and it was still going. How does that happen? I guess maybe that's why we got the most snow ever since the Blizzard of '96. I counted 17 inches, and I'm still not sure that I actually hit the ground. And they say it's supposed to snow again later this week. So we might just end up breaking that record when you add up all of the winter snow.


When I tried to take the dog outside he wouldn't go out past the edge of the garage without being carried. He's such a spoiled little thing. Normally I'd say that was the reason, but he's all of 7 inches off the ground. And that's when he's fuzzy. Even when we made him a path in the back yard he wouldn't follow if you went too far ahead of him because he couldn't see over the snow.














Then we had to dig out my car and the house. My mom even took a shot at using the snowblower. Of course by this time the dog had gotten tired of trying to figure out how to get anywhere and sat down in the garage to watch. He's not very helpful.

Sunday we skipped church. Since we live in NJ and go to church in Philly we decided it might not be a good idea to try and brave the roads and bridge just yet. I mean, if we got stuck, who was going to come and get us? Getting stuck in the snow in the middle of nowhere is not a good look. Instead everybody watched church on TV. There's some good stuff on TV on Sunday mornings. Mom and dog fell asleep and I told them sleeping in church was against the rules. Dad told me that I had to wait till the commercials to get up or talk. No talking or walking during the sermon. I guess that's what I get for making fun of everybody else.

Then it was time for a nap and.....


Some of my friends back at school were having a Super Bowl party. I was really considering driving back down just to go to it. And then it snowed. So I had my own party. Me, dog, cat, mom and dad. And yes that is me and dog with the TV on and the laptop on Twitter and NFL.com. I had the play by play up on the screen in case I missed something. Afterall, game time is when you do stuff if you really need to. The commercials are supposed to be the best of the year. Nobody wants to miss those.

Too bad the colts didn't win. I was cheering for Antoine Bethea to win his second Super Bowl since he's a Howard University alumnae and all. But I suppose I'm not too disappointed that the Saints won. It's their first Super Bowl EVER... And really, we all want to cheer for the underdog. Plus, if the Cowboys aren't in the game, and the Ravens aren't in the game, I just pick my team by using random criteria anyway.

After the game was over I tried to catch up on my workouts. Since Saturday was such a random day I never got around to doing my weekend run or the last of the situps. The run I did after the Super Bowl ended. Hopefully I can just do the situps today and then start this week's tomorrow to catch up.

Oh and remember my Valentine's Day plans? My lovely friend from last weekend decided that we need to go to The Cheesecake Factory together on Valentine's Day. I love my friends. They know me oh so well.

But now it's time to get back to the real world and enjoy my Monday. Lots more reading, job searching, and room cleaning to do. Not to mention a little running.

1 comment:

  1. Yup! Need a flame-thrower instead of a snow-blower for people here in Maryland!!

    Dante'

    ReplyDelete