Recent Tweets

February 05, 2010

February 2010 Goals

So we're almost a full week into February and I think I'm starting to get into this blogging thing. It's really helping me to think things through and figure out what I want to do and how to do it. Although I think I need to work on a few things.

This morning I realized that I have about 10 broad categories for things that would help me to be a better person, but I have no real concrete goals on how to improve. So I thought that I would take the time today, while waiting for what has been dubbed the Snowpocalypse, to set some goals for the rest of the month. And what does the bloggoverse send me? The February Dreams of Kimberly Wilson. Inspiration.

So here are my February Goals

1. Get Organized
  • Get everything that doesn't belong on the floor of my room either out (trash, donate or sell) or off of the floor (keep, or things that need to be sorted later)
  • Finally finish all of my laundry and get all of my clothes into drawers and the closet - although I'm sure some will end up being donated
2. Get Rid of 365 Things
  • Get rid of 28 things
  • Set up ebay to sell unwanted items with value
3. Get a Job
  • Create Career Notebook - keep updated copy of resume, career ideas, job listings, etc.
  • Finish reading February career book
4. Take Control of My Finances
  • Create Want/Need list of monthly purchases
5. Start an Exercise Routine
  • Do Situps every MWF
  • Run/Walk for 20 mins every TRS
  • Run/Walk 12+ times this month (Nike+ goal)
  • Run/Walk 15 miles (Nike+ goal)
  • Run 1 mile in under 16 mins 5x (Nike+ goal)
6. Improve My Cooking Skills
  • Find and bookmark websites with interesting recipies
7. Keep In Contact with Friends and Family
  • Set a weekly blogging schedule
  • Blog 3x a week every week
  • Update Twitter and Facebook weekly
8. Start 52 Good Habits

My new February Habits to start are
  • Exercise Daily - this is also a part of goal number 5
  • Take a half hour bath at least 3 times a week - I have a really bad habit of not taking time for myself - I plan to do this on my running days as a way to cool down and transition from exercise time into a tranquil morning
  • Washing My Face Every Night - I do this in the morning already, but with the addition of more strenuous exercise into my day I thought it would be better to do it at night too - Also I've found that having a clean face helps me feel better about everything else that I do - Put your best face forward right?
  • Eat Breakfast Daily - no skipping at all - all this exercise is starting to make me need more energy - plus your body won't burn calories if it thinks it won't get anymore any time soon - Eat More, Burn More is going to be my breakfast time motto
9. Read the Whole Bible - Well, since the actual Bible that I want to use for this project is currently in storage and I wasn't planning on doing this until later this year, I think I'll focus on the next goal and then this one. Especially since that would mean the end of my storage unit anyway.
  • Pick Move By Date (before 90 day challenge start date)
10. Move to DC - I can't very well tell other people to take risks or do what would make them happier if I don't. And what would make me happy right now would be to live in a city. I would like to live in a city with interesting architecture and city landmarks, with a great history, with lots of different kinds of people. I want to live in a place that gets all 4 seasons, even if only for a week. And I want to live in a place that is walkable, with public transportation. Something that this area does not have. Since I loved it so much when I was in school, but never really managed to explore it thoroughly, I thought my first city should be Washington, DC. Most of my friends from school are still in the area, and I have other friends in Maryland and Virginia, so why not?
  • List areas of the city I would like to live in
  • List wanted features of apartment I would like to live in
I really like this month's goals, but I do realize that these are just goals. I think the best thing for the Butterfly Project is going to be to figure out why I have each of these goals and what I really want my life to be like. I need a personal mission statement, or manifesto, or something like that. Something to work towards for life instead of a goal for the week. For now, I'm going to focus on these goals and think about the goals that I have made for myself in the past few months. I can see a bit of a pattern already, but hopefully it gets clearer. After all, it's not our goals that define us. It's our actions. You can't DO a goal. You can't DO a task. And nobody really cares what you say if you don't back it up. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment