Recent Tweets

March 08, 2010

DC Week and a Weekend Funeral

I got back from my week in DC late Friday night. I had a blast seeing my friends and hanging out. It was nice to have some time to relax and sit and talk and think. I miss being able to talk to my friends like that. It's not the same when you're hours away.

Saturday morning was the funeral for one of my best friend's dad. He died last weekend. It was so unexpected. Yeah he had a few health problems in the past few years, but so do most adults. I honestly can't think of real grown up who hasn't had some sort of health issue. Anyways, they've lived across the street for as long as I can remember, so when I saw her car I just thought that she had come home for the weekend. Then a neighbor left a message with the news. The funeral was really nice. He had been one of the most well known firefighters at the local firehouse, so all the firefighters from his station were there. There were even some from the other local fire companies too. It was kind of amazing to see just how many people can be affected by the loss of one person.

Later that day I went to a youth service at another church. It was their Youth Explosion weekend and the national youth president from our church came to speak.

Sunday was sunday school, and two services at my church. Apparently I'm going to be a sunday school teacher. Not like the adult teachers though. I get to teach the little kids. Which means I get to sing and dance and play games and color. Coloring is definitely my favorite part.

It's been a long week and a long weekend. But it's all over now. I apologize for not having posted anything last week. As you can imagine, there was a lot going on. But now I'm back. Time to refocus and catch up to March. I do want to think about my goals and projects before April gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment