Recent Tweets

January 30, 2010

The Trial Run

So I managed to do the initial tests for situps and pushups. This morning I rolled out my lovely lavender yoga mat (I'm still a beginner, but I needed something so I didn't get kitty litter from the floor on me when I started last year. plus I love purple...) and started with the sitting up.

In the initial test, I did 25 situps. Apparently that's not too bad considering when the last time I did an actual situp was (Freshman year in gym class if you must know). That puts me in Column 3 as far as the workout schedule is concerned. Not sure whether I'm going to go for the Column 3 workout or scale it back to the Column 2 one, which is easier. I guess I might as well go for Column 3 though since the whole idea is to push myself.

Pushups on the other hand is another story. Apparently, I am quite incapable of performing even one good form pushup. I threw shot put in high school and I can barely do a pushup. This is so so very sad and pathetic. I can raise my weight off the ground, but the whole lowering it thing kind of gets me. It's something about the way your arms are supposed to support you. Mine just don't. I guess the bright side is that at least I now know that my arm muscles are useless. Also, there's enough time between now and my birthday that I can do the 6 week workout plan twice.

That's right. By my birthday I'll be able to do 100 pushups and 200 situps without even thinking about it. And that still leaves time before the summer starts. Happy Bathing Suit Season to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment