Recent Tweets

January 28, 2010

Exercise Prep

Next week's habit is to exercise every day. I figure if I put exercising as one of the earlier habits, by the time we get to the end of the year I'll be closing in on my goal of getting in shape enough to be a high school athlete. I do have to admit though, that it is kind of sad that most of my preparation for working out was done sitting in front of a computer. I have a plan for working my way up to 100 pushups and another for working my way up to 200 situps and even an 8 week guide to building up to a 2 mile run. Unfortunately, I have no running shoes. Pathetic. I know.

The really sad part about this is that I know I should go out and buy a pair of running shoes since I know I'll be using them all year, but I really don't want to. See, I've never actually bought a pair of sneakers with the intent of running in them right away. That's right, I have never ever had a specific pair of running shoes. In all of my years of going to camp and playing sports I've always just gotten a new pair of shoes at the beginning of the school year. Then, the next year, when they were all broken in, they became my gym shoes. It's been that way as long as I can remember. And never did a pair of shoes actually last for more than the two years. At the end of the school year they were usually all but destroyed.

Maybe it says something that I actually wore running shoes all the time and now I don't. Possibly something about my sense of style. Although I'm still not convinced I ever actually had a concrete style per se. I might have to think about that when I get around to cleaning out the closet. In any case, it definitely says something about my current athletic ability versus that of when I was in high school. In short it used to exist, and now it doesn't. And today is the day we change all of that. I've been looking online at a few different types of running shoes. Since I'm going to do my initial test for the one hundred pushups and two hundred situps tomorrow, I think I'm going to use my shopping day on Saturday to go pick out some nice new shoes. Possibly one of these.


Adidas Response Stability


Nike Zoom Structure Triax +12

No comments:

Post a Comment