Recent Tweets

January 25, 2010

2010 Book List - January

There are quite a few self-help books out there. This year, I'm going to try to tackle a few of them to help myself whenever it seems like my latest 2010 goal progress could use an extra push. Since there are so many books and so little time, I'm going to try to pick what I think are some of the most useful and most interesting (if only to keep me sane during this whole process) books that are out there. My first book is more of a self-help parody than anything else. So here's what I know about it so far, and why I chose it. Be sure to look for an actual review after I'm done reading.

Helping Me Help Myself - By Beth Lisick

This seems to be as good a place as any for someone who is sick of the way things are and ready for change. It's not so much an actual self-helpy, you'll feel bad because we're so perfect and you're not book. Which I love. Instead it's pretty much Beth's journal as she takes a year to follow the advice of the country's major self-help gurus and improve her life. It doesn't sound like she takes the whole thing too seriously either. All in all, it should be a good read, and maybe give me a place to start once I seriously get into all of the self-helpy stuff later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment